Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wizard's First Rule


Wizard's First Rule is the first book in the Sword of Truth series written by Mr. Terry Goodkind. There are about 11 books in the series and now there also is a television series called Legend of the Seeker. I love the show and had read the books but that was a LONG time ago. I found out there was a challenge for this series and decided to join.

WFR is a great way to start out the series. It laid out the story and introduced the characters perfectly. The drama and adventure was compelling and definitely made the 820 something pages seem light. Each person introduced in the book was well written and just plain awesome. On that note I have only one thing to say: ZEDDICUS ZUL' ZORANDER! Sorry for the shouting but I have a soft spot for the Wizard of the First Order. I once had a cat named after him!


I enjoy comparing and contrasting the series and the books. That is a fun game. I don't fall into the crowd that can't get past the differences. The "books are law" sect, I like to call them. The books are better than the show but the show is great in it's own right.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book and will continue to read the series til the end. I highly recommend them for any fantasy fan!

1 comment:

  1. I abhored the tv series, but I love the books. Zedd is quite amazing, and Kahlan is a wonderful heroine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!