Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Guest Post: Goosebumps

Goosebumps

Contribution by Elmo Farmer

As the leaves turn colors and the air gets cooler every little kid know Halloween is just around the corner. For me as a college student, this time of year bring back memories of great Halloweens past. Another aspect of this time of year is the programming on satellite TV from www.bestchoicetv.com. Lots of shows I grew up watching are now aired just for Halloween.

One of these unforgettable shows that brings me back to my childhood is Goosebumps. Goosebumps was a tv series based on a book series. Each episode was another book. All of them frightening, and yet you couldn't look away. One of them was about a haunted doll. A second was about a kid who wanted to scare everyone and fell victim to a haunted mask. Each one taught a moral as the characters would get exactly what they wanted, only to realize how terrifyingly wrong they were.

To this day I can remember curling up in a blanket on the couch, my two older brothers sitting near me. All of the lights were on, even though they swore I was the only one who got scared. We would all jump at an unexpected action on the screen. Goosebumps will forever be a part of my childhood. Goosebumps will always creep me out a little, and it will always be a part of Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!