Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mockingjay Review

I read Mockingjay for the read-a-thon last weekend and really enjoyed it. I wanted to wait a bit to review it so I could kinda stew on what I wanted to say. Without being all spoilerific, I will try and review it now.

It's been a short time since I read Catching Fire and I didn't double read, so when I opened Mockingjay I had a smallish case of amnesia, but that quickly vanished as the story progressed. I enjoyed the writing and of course the character development really was just spectacular! That is one of the biggest reasons I am a fan of this series.

Unlike some other books, where the heroine doesn't actually grow any during the story..*ahem..I'm looking at you Bella!* Katniss grows as a person and even though she's not exactly thrilled at the idea, she seems to grow into a kind of hero. I FELT for her. I wanted her to be happy and I wanted her to find her way. I love that about the Hunger Games series!

So Mockingjay is full of action and political scheming of sorts. I will be all vague now and say that the lead up to the end was well planned out and awesomely executed!

It is so hard to review without being spoilery. Seriously, this is one of the best finales that I have ever read! I of course was leaning towards a different choice for her love interest, but I still drooled over it. This book has everything you need for a good conclusion. The wrap up was well done. I cannot for the life of me think of any loose ends that were left untied.

Suzanne Collins you have done it! *slow clap* for you ma'am!

1 comment:

  1. I just did a Mockingjay review too -- LOVE that you also love the ending :) Definite *slow clap* for Ms. Collins. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!