Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

 
Blurb:
"In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart."

Book Details:
  • Hardcover: 528 pages
  • Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books (December 6, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1416975888
My Review:
Sheesh! This book! My brain cannot take it! I am on a roll with books that I just simply loved so hard, this year is shaping out great! It is a fine continuation of the first book and has everything rolling along nicely, and plots are plotting along as well. I cannot say that Jessamine's acts were all that surprising, but I still felt all kinds of pity for her. (Sob) Her sitch is just all kinds of messed up, but still I had my "grr" face on when I read her parts!

I am falling in love with these characters! I swear it! Jem and Will are soooo fun to read! They both are shaping up to be perfect, which is going to be so sob-worthy when the CHOICE (because we all know there is choosing coming!) will be made! I will have to invest in tissues by November! I will probably take off a few days from work to read and recover! I have a feeling that Madam Clare will try to kill me with her next book.

So plots are cooked up, people are dead, things are done! This is one actiony book! I highly recommend you pick it up and read it! Why haven't you done it already? Why?!

I give it a 4.5 out of 5 star rating.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!