Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Eve



Blurb:
Where do you go when nowhere is safe?
After a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth's population, the world is a terrifying place.
Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a bright future in The New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school's real purpose—and the horrifying fate that awaits her.
Fleeing the only home she's ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Caleb slowly wins her trust . . . and her heart. But when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life...

My Thoughts:
I was reluctant to read this. I don't honestly know why? I guess the whole "Deadly virus wipes out the world!" has been done before. After reading countless reviews for this book, I changed my mind. I love a good dystopian. I really do. This genre kicks ass, when done right. Eve does it very well. It has smart writing, good characters, and a very fast pace.

The only part that I think would have made this a 5 Fleur book, would have been if more information about the virus had been given. I felt like the vagueness of the plague's description came off as a bit...not lazy but like a convenient way to get the story rolling. That pretty much is the jist of my complaints.

I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to someone who has a thing for dystopia!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!