Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Read-a-thon: Bout of Books: Day 2

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Tuesday Jan. 8th:
Yesterday was not good with the reading, but HEY! New Castle...right? Right? lol Anyhoodle, I'm gonna try harder to squeeze in books as much as I can today. Still have work, but I think a "thon" is a great excuse to let some housework slide...yuppers! So here goes!

Challenge:
Cover Love 
We were asked to pick a book that you love and explain why...I chose the original cover of Stephen King's The Stand
I picked it because of the ridiculous factor. I'm not saying I don't "get" the cover, but the artwork makes it look like a fantasy novel, when in fact I would consider it one of the first dystopian novels that I ever read. Also, it's one of my favorite books and thusly if you have not read it YOU SHOULD!


Update 1:
Book: Sydney West by R. Mckinsey
Finished:YES
Review Written: Yes!
Notes: So much win! I finished my 1st book of the thon! I loved it. My review is up tomorrow so look for it! :) It was SO Good y'all!




Day's Totals:
Books Finished:1
Pages Read: 207

4 comments:

  1. Good luck for another day! My reading day was shocking yesterday too - 17 pages, haha... *FAIL* - so I'm going to make a concerted effort today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten much reading done today either, but eh...it happens, right? Hope the rest of your week goes a bit smoother.

    Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on already finishing 1 book! That cover is pretty great. I have The Stand in my TBR pile! I'm hoping to start it by the end of the readathon, I've never read it before. I hear that it's really good, so I hope the 1500 pages or so go by quick...

    Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. I've never seen that cover of The Stand. Ridiculous is right! *snort*

    Loved that one btw!

    Congratulations on finishing and writing up the review for your book too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!